Monday, September 9, 2013

First Weekend in Florence

Alright so I just spent my first weekend in Florence! Over the weekend, I explored a bunch and Ali and I went to the Uffizi. We learned that many things are closed over the weekend and we stayed at out apartments a bit more. I found where the train station was....
The train station looked really neat. It seemed like an airport that didn't have all the hassles of security and gates and things. It is simpler airport with lots of cool trains. I can't wait to ride the train. I found another Glass shop while exploring as well, this one seemed to definitely be from Murano.
Lots of Murrine
Fru Fru goblets with expert straight cane


It was really cool to see and I really want to visit Murano.
The visit to the Uffizi was fun but I started to get a little tired of all renaissance art after awhile. It was really neat to see some of the paintings I studied in Art History in real life.
Botticelli's "Birth of Venus".
Next weekend I think we have a trip planned but from now on, I think I will try to go on trips over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment