Friday, September 13, 2013

Morning Market

Morning market

I needed to get supplies for cooking at home so I decided to try this tuesday Market I heard about. People said it was about a half hour walk and I had class at 9:30 so I decided to get up at 6:30 to go check it out (Markets usually close around 1).
I love waking up early! The streets aren't crowded and things are slower. You get to see the city come alive and you get a few extra hours in the day with no one bugging you so you can just explore and go where ever you want! I took that photo when I was walking along the Arno.
People said the market was in this huge park that runs along the river so I crossed the river and walked along this path but eventually I ran into lots of traffic.
Even people in Florence play Basketball.
I finally arrived at the market with about 15 minutes to look around. They really didn't have much food but lots of clothes for really cheap (dresses for €1) and everything else. The vendors stretched for as far as I could see and I really didn't have time to see all of them. It was neat though. 
In Florence they have these "spaceship" trash cans and on my way back I saw one being taken out. Pretty neat!
I made it to the central market near my house then scurried on over to class. Then I was able to eat like an Italian from home!
I bought Motzerella cheese that came in big squishey cheese balls that were kept in water. It was really neat and very good cheese. It cooks really well and melts and is delicious. My first attempts at cooking weren't so good but I am getting better for sure and with each attempt and each trip to the market, I try more things and get better spices. Cooking in Italy is fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment